Oscar serves as an intermediary between the consumer (renter) and the car owner (partner). For the actual renting process only the partners terms and conditions signed by the renter are legally binding.
This document serves as a summary of the terms and conditions typically used for renting a car through the Oscar platform. This document has no legal relevance.
When picking up the car, the partner should immediately inform the renter of any damages or defects that are not apparent in the damage record to avoid unnecessary deduction of excess at the vehicle return.
The return of the rental car must be delivered at the appointed time and must be delivered in the same condition as at the pick-up. When extending the contract, the partner must be contacted. If delivery time is exceeded, the renter is liable for loss due to the time exceeded. In case the renter delivers the car outside of the working hours, i.e. by using a keybox, before the agreed upon return time, the car is the responsibility of the renter until the location is open again.
A. RENTAL CONDITIONS
1. Cars and vehicles must not be used:
2. The renter accepts a personal responsibility to pay for:
3. Upon signature, the consumer relieves the car owner of any liability on items that the renter or others may have stored, left behind, or transported in the vehicle.
4. The partner has taken all precautions to avoid mechanical failure of the vehicle. However, should an error occur, the renter is not responsible nor liable for any consequences thereof.
5. The renter is aware that the car may be equipped with GPS tracking, allowing tracking of the car's position. Information obtained via GPS can be used by the partner and is sometimes provided to third parties, including insurance companies and law enforcement groups.
6. When purchasing extra kilometers, the tenant is not entitled to compensation for unused kilometers. This also applies to miles included in the rent.
7. Fuel is not included in the rental price.
8. Car rental is by law exempted for the rule of right of withdrawal.
B. CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellation of a Reservation by the Consumer or the Partner after the Reservation has been confirmed shall be subject to the following:
2.1 If the Consumer cancels more than 48 hours before the scheduled pick-up time of the Vehicle, a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the Vehicle Rental Cost will be charged to the Consumer.
2.2 If the Consumer cancels less than 48 hours before the scheduled pick-up time of the Vehicle, or if Consumer has not arrived at the pick-up point after the agreed time, no refund will be issued. If the amount paid at the time of the Reservation is less than 100% of the Vehicle Rental Cost, Oscar, through its Payment Services Provider, shall be entitled to collect the remaining amount.
2.3 In case the cancellation is made by the Partner, the Consumer will be refunded the total amount paid at the time of Reservation.
Oscar, through its Payment Services Provider, will process refunds and/or compensations immediately; however, the timeframe for receiving refunds will depend on the Payment Method and the rules of the applicable payment system.
C. BUSINESS CONDITIONS
1. To rent a car at from an Oscar partner, the driver must bring the following:
2. Payment: If you book the car more than 48 hours before the pick-up time, you choose either to pay 100% or 25% and the remaining amount at the pickup. If you book within 48 hours before the pick-up time, the full amount (100%) will be paid at the time of booking.
3. Types of Rentals to choose, when you rent from an Oscar partner:
4. Long-term rentals can be made for bookings of 28 days or more from the start of the booking.
5. Accessories such as car seats, child pads, and seat cushions can be rented for a fee. Correct and proper fitting and usage of these items are not the responsibility of the partner.
6. The rental car must be picked up at the agreed time. The partner has the right to charge the full amount if the vehicle is not picked up on time.
7. The rental car must be returned at the agreed time. If the car has not been returned within 4 hours of the agreed upon return time, the car will be reported stolen, and a fee, subject to the specific partner contract, will be charged.
8. The partner is not responsible for luggage or people transported in a rented car.
9. It is forbidden to transport dangerous goods in leased cars for safety reasons.
10. The partner has no responsibility for the car rental delays or non-delivery, and therefore no compensation is given for this.
11. Avoid fees associated with your car rental:
12. If the above points are not met the partner is allowed to charge a fee.
13. Multiple promotional codes cannot be combined or used at the same time.
14. When using a rental car for international travel, foreign insurance must be added. When driving abroad without foreign insurance, the partner has the right to charge a fee of 200€ and add on the cost of the foreign insurance. In addition, the business customers have a excess for any damage of up to 1200€.
15. If a dispute or claim arises in relation to the lease agreement, it must be decided in accordance with Spanish law.
16. All conditions are constantly updated.
17. Oscar and its partner is happy to receive praise and criticism by e-mail: [email protected]
C. INSURANCE CONDITIONS
1. The insurance covers the tenant or any co-tenants, as specified in the lease.
2. In the event of any damage, the tenant must immediately notify the partner. The tenant's review must include as complete information as possible about the damage. The tenant may not agree on payment, compensation, or performance of repairs without consent from the partner.
3. Customers have a excess of up to 1200€ for any damage, unless it is clear from the lease that additional excess insurance has been purchased and taken out.
4. The insurance covers the insured's liability when using the rental car as a vehicle.
5. Except for the following cases, the insurance covers any damage to the insured vehicle and loss of the vehicle in the event of theft. In addition to the vehicle itself, the coverage also includes attached accessories installed by the vehicle owner.
6. The insurance does not cover:
D. LONG-TERM RENTALS CONDITIONS (CAR SUBSCRIPTION)
An Oscar long-term rental or car subscription is a subscription solution where you, as a customer, can rent a car on a monthly basis. Below, you can read about the terms of a long-term rental, including payment, liability, binding, and termination. The first payment for a long-term rental must fall on the date of the subscription, after which payments will be made monthly.
1. Setting Up a Long-term Rental:
When creating a long-term rental, the customer must approve our subscription terms and business conditions. A car subscription is most easily created by using our online booking form, where the customer can find their desired car, see the car price, review included km, and opt for extra insurance, extra km, and accessories if desired. The customer will then make the first payment, after which the subscription will be created, and a confirmation will be sent by email.
2. Conditions when setting up a long-term rental:
When the customer approves our subscription terms and conditions, the customer approves that the partner may deduct the monthly price for the long-term rental on the entered credit card for the duration of the lease. An invoice is sent upon creation and termination of the long-term rental. Customer service can be contacted at any time if the customer wishes to change the credit card on file.
3. Responsibility and Liability:
When setting up a long-term rental, the customer undertakes responsibility to return the car on the date the long-term rental is terminated and return it in the same condition as when the car was delivered, unless otherwise agreed. In addition, the customer guarantees coverage on the credit card entered so payment is made on time.
4. Termination and Fixation:
The customer determines the length of the subscription period when ordering, specifying an exact date for the end of the long-term rental. The long-term rental is automatically terminated after the end of this period. If the subscription is extended, the customer must contact Oscar customer service before the subscription period ends - after which, this can be agreed. If the subscription is canceled before the agreed time, this can be done with 30 days’ notice.
If you have any questions or changes to your long-term rental, please contact our customer service at (+34) 951 12 93 33